Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services devices status

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

we have a problem in our CiscoWorks 2.6. We have defined some groups. When a router has a problem, it appears red coloured in the Topology Services in Campus Manager but the cloud of the group doesn't appear as red, it continues green.

Is there any way for the state to be propagated?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. Campus Manager is not a fault management application, so we have not done any amount of fault integration with it. The red color is also not reliable as it is not necessarily real time, and it only means that during the last polling cycle, Campus was not able to communicate with the device via SNMP.

That said, LMS 3.1 due out spring/summer '08 will integrate Campus with DFM, so you will be able to see event information about devices on the topo map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. Campus Manager is not a fault management application, so we have not done any amount of fault integration with it. The red color is also not reliable as it is not necessarily real time, and it only means that during the last polling cycle, Campus was not able to communicate with the device via SNMP.

That said, LMS 3.1 due out spring/summer '08 will integrate Campus with DFM, so you will be able to see event information about devices on the topo map.

Really getting the DFM events into campus? That sounds interesting. If it is done right it would add a lot of value.

I always felt that topology info + fault info = 80% of problem resolution.

I know there are lots of people out there that say it isn't so, but they ALL rely on people knowing the details of the network and when those people leave the shit hits the fan at the next problem.

Can't wait to get my NFR kit for 3.1 to see for my self.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: