Level 1
Level 1

Is exchange 2007 supported as a partner server with unity 5.0

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tina,

Yes, starting with Unity 5.0, Exchange 2007 is supported :)

Cisco Unity: The solution scales to meet the needs of large enterprise organizations and delivers powerful voice, integrated, and unified messaging options that transparently integrate with Microsoft Exchange (including Exchange 2007) and Lotus Domino.

Cisco Unity 5.0 for Microsoft Exchange

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd805e6e12.html

Use the Installation Guide That Matches the Cisco Unity 5.x Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/correct_ig/5xcuigcrct.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

To add to Rob's response, you can dedicate Exchange 2007 as partner server, but here are some things to watch out for:

- you still need to install Exchange 2003 Management Tools

- To be used as the partner Exchange server, an Exchange 2007 server must have the Mailbox server role installed.

- If you choose an Exchange 2007 server, when you run the Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration wizard later in the installation process, the wizard creates scripts that must be run either on the partner Exchange 2007 server or on another Exchange 2007 server on which Exchange Management Shell is installed. (The scripts create Exchange mailboxes that Cisco Unity cannot create directly in Exchange 2007.) By default, scripts cannot be run remotely, so you may need to be at an Exchange 2007 server to run them. If physical access to the Exchange servers is restricted, you can choose an Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 server as the partner Exchange server, and Cisco Unity can create the accounts automatically.

- If you chose an Exchange 2007 server as the partner Exchange server, configure offline address books for Outlook 2003 and earlier regardless of which version(s) of Outlook your are using, or Cisco Unity will not function properly.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

I have installed unity 5.x with exchange 2007, also created few users but when I want to import these users to Unity 5.x from exchange 2007, I don't see these users.

- also I am trying to install exchange 2007 server Mailbox Server role but I don't see any option to install it

Thanks in advance for help note

run the PW wizard over the OU were the users are, make sure you have delegated control as instructed

if the users were previously subscribers use the bunny killer to make sure no unity properties are still set.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: