Views
Helpful
Replies

shutting down the switch interface in case of event failure

rsoave
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way in configuring a switch ethernet port once a event failure take place?

This is the situation: I have a switch connected in a Service Provider MAN switch, and this MAN give the P2P connectivity, and my switch ports are monitored by link up/down event. But the other side is through the SP MAN, and once I have a failure in the middle of the structure, my switch port never gets down, and thus, my management tool never alarms.

My solution is to be quite simple. Once the SP gets failure in their cloud, and i did not get the other peer, my switch needs to have the ability to uderstand tis event, and shut down the interface.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you shut down the interface, how the switch knows when the failure in the cloud has been corrected ?

There is a feature called EEM

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6815/products_ios_protocol_group_home.html

that may help you on this issue but don't shut down the interface as a monitoring tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card