CCNP certificacion doubt.

Unanswered Question
Dec 17th, 2007

I'm runnig for my CCNP certification but I actually have my CCNA out of date. I want to know if I can take any exam for CCNP without a valid CCNA for a while. I know that CCNA is a prerequisite but, can I take CCNP exams by the time?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rabooth15 Mon, 12/17/2007 - 11:55

You must have a valid CCNA that is not expired to take any of the 4 ccnp exams. After you pass one of the 4 exams your ccna is extended 3 years .

jcrussell Mon, 12/17/2007 - 11:57

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can take any of the exams without holding a CCNA. You could take all 4 CCNP exams, you just wouldn't get your cert until you pass the CCNA.

Why not try registering for a CCNP exam and see if it will let you?

ccnp_seeker Mon, 12/17/2007 - 14:14

Yes, you can take any CCNP exam without having a valid CCNA...the only issue is that you'll be recognized as "Certified" after you have a valid CCNA Certification....

scottmac Tue, 12/18/2007 - 15:04

Your CCNA has expired. CCNA is a prerequisite for obtaining the CC{N,V,I,D}P certification, not ttaking the test.

You can take any of the tests with or without the underlying certification.

However, you will not get the CC{N,V,I,D}P certification until you also take and pass the current CCNA tests as well.

The "Pass any 642- exam" condition for re-certification only applies to CCNA that has not expired.

You can take the tests in any order (includig the CCNA tests) but you must take them all (including CCNA) if your CCNA has expired.

Good Luck

Scott

Actions

This Discussion