Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat SE commands..

ranidalal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can anybody tell me how to check loopback ip & configured 'logging' on SE device.??

on IOS we use 'sh ip int brief' & 'sh run | include logging' commands to check .what is equivalent command of these on SE device.

Hope I'll get answer soon.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, are you talking about set base commands CATOS? never heard of se devices, in any case, if you are refering to set base catos here is a link you can compare catos commands and ios commands, note this link reference 6509 catos switches but the principle is the same for any catos switch for global configurations.. if this is not what you need let me know.

for catos there is not loopback per say but an sc0 management interface, you can just issue " show interface ".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008010e9d5.shtml#intro

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks Jorge.

I got that on cat OS loopback is not configured, instead sc0 is configured.

I'm still having concern about 'logging source -interface'. How to check on 6509-SE if 'logging source -interface' is configured or not.

It is different in catos, there is no equivalent "logging source-interface " command in catos that I recall, normally if you want to send informational logs to a syslog server you configure snmp loggin as:

set logging server enable

set logging server

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card