cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 5.0.1 - Topology Map Issue

chharris41
Level 1
Level 1

I have 40+ sites being managed by CM and I have an issue with the way CM is drawing the map. We recently added a new site which has a router with a LAN subnet (172.29.40.0) on it's g0/0 interface. This subnet overlaps with another site that uses that subnet so when CM draws the map with the new site it ties both sites together and its messy since there are many devices in each site. I tried making the 172 subnet a secondary address but CM still finds it. Changing the IP is not an option - is there a way to trick CM somehow so it doesnt link the two sites together?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's really no way to get around this in Campus Manager. The filtering mechanism would not be able to tell the "good" 172.29.40.0 subnet from the "bad" one. A workaround would be to manage the two sites using different instances of Campus Manager. Of course, this would require that each of the devices on the two 172.29.40.0 subnets are managed by unique IP addresses (e.g. there is only one 172.29.40.13 in the whole network).

What is the filtering mechanism you referred to? I may be able to get what I need if I can filter 1 of the subnets out (it doesnt matter which one).

The filtering mechanism is based on IP (under Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings. However, there's no way to know what 172.29.40.0 subnet you're filtering.

OK - thanks J. I'll play around with that and see what I can do. Only 1 subnet has devices with those IP's so it may work out fine.

Appreciate the help, as always!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: