cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS - Time of day access to vlans

dyorke0403
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a 4402 controller, wireless location device and WCS. I have setup a Guest Vlan that is restricted with a ACL. Is there a way to restrict / turn off the Guest Vlan during certain hours of the day? Either through the WCS, controller or our 6509 Router? Any thoughts on this one are appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

You can set "time based" rules on the ACL that will restrict when access is permitted;

Access Point ACL Filter Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058ed26.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

dyorke0403
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks! You set me in the right direction. I negelected to mention that I was running the AP in lightweight mode. Programming an ACL on the Ap is impossible and while I have an ACL applied through the controller it appears you cannot program in a "time based" rule. So I made a timebased ACL entry on the router and applied to the VLAN, on the router. It's working great. Thanks again!

Hi Daniel,

Great work! 5 points for so kindly posting back with your resolution :)

Happy Holidays!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: