Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant install CS 3.0.6 on Windows

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 CW servers running on Windows servers. I decided to apply all the latest SP's for all the applications, starting with CS 3.0.6.

I am running CS 3.0.5 on them at the moment, which is the prerequisite.

In the past, when I have applied updates, I have manually stopped all CW services on all systems, then installed the SP.

I downloaded CS 3.0.6 manually, and when I tried installing it, I got the message:

The Service CcmExec is not stopped

Press YES to keep waiting or press NO to abort.

I did this a few times, but eventually gave up and pressed No. I dont recognise this process.

Anyway, I thought that I would restart the CW processes and then run the update. This time, got a lot further, but then got:

An error occurred during the move data process: -105

Component: mdf

Filegroup

File

I am stuck. I have restarted the processes, and seem to be back and running again - no errors. There is obviously something I am missing here, but when too close to things I cant see it.

Any ideas?

On a slightly different note, it does seem to appear that if the check for whether the processes have stopped, dont always allow for the fact that they may have been already stopped.

Regards

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CcmExec is a Microsoft SMS component. Try setting this service to Manual along with CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then reboot. Then apply all of your updates, then set the services back to Automatic, and reboot again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CcmExec is a Microsoft SMS component. Try setting this service to Manual along with CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then reboot. Then apply all of your updates, then set the services back to Automatic, and reboot again.

Thanks very much. Stopping the SMS Agent as well worked. Upgrade completed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: