Call manager Express to SRST Conversation

Unanswered Question
Dec 18th, 2007

Hello Team,

I have call manager express on all my branches, now i decided to have a centralised distrubuted call manager. Can i upgrade or convert the call manager express licence in the router to SRST license?. So that call processing will happen centrally and all branches will have SRST features.

I will appreciate your advice in this.

Thanks

Safarudheen

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
bwilmoth Wed, 12/26/2007 - 08:37

The cme license you already purchased will cover the fee for SRST. Since there isn't really a license you type in or anything. You can just change the config to SRST and you'll be good to go.

mciarfello Wed, 12/26/2007 - 21:39

From the horse's mouth, so to speak.

From the ordering guide (which doesn't seem to be publically accessible.) There used to be a SRST to CCME and reverse part number. No longer it seems. I remember it being $0. Maybe they wanted to keep track of CCME vs SRST installs out there or something.

Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony 4.0 Ordering Guide

7. Order Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Unified CallManager Phone User License

When ordering Cisco Unified IP phones controlled by Cisco Unified CallManager at remotes sites with Cisco Unified SRST, you must purchase the phone and appropriate Unified CallManager User/device license. These licenses are available in the Dynamic Configuration Tool using the Unified IP Phone part number. Customers who initially purchase Cisco Unified CallManager Express User license can be deployed with Cisco Unified CallManager at main site or remote Cisco Unified SRST site(s).

9. Applications and Migration to Cisco Unified SRST

Customers who initially deploy or purchase a Cisco Unified CallManager Express (CME) solution, the CME Feature License includes a provision to use the feature license for Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) mode without an additional charge or re-licensing to Cisco. Customers only need to re-configure the router for Cisco Unified SRST mode. If additional phones to be supported with Cisco Unified SRST are required beyond the current Cisco Unified SRST license, then additional Cisco Unified SRST feature licenses (FL-SRST-XXXX=) must be purchased to support the maximum per platform type.

Customers who want to use Gatekeeper functionality or Tandem Gateway for support of H.450 in front of Cisco Unified CallManager need to do so on a dedicated router. These features are not supported on the Cisco Unified SRST enabled router. Customers should order proper sized router and Integrated Voice and Video Services Feature License, which offers Gatekeeper, IPtoIP Gateway and Tandem Gateway (H.450) support in one feature license.

For Cisco Unified SRST Configuration Documentation, please refer to: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2169/products_documentation_roadmap09186a008018912f.html.

External customers can submit questions about the ordering process using [email protected].

Actions

This Discussion