Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exception for AAA

Hi, I am using RADIUS for AAA authentication. Authentication is configured for device access. I want to know if i will be able to put an exception i.e. i want one user to be authenticated locally (local username and passwowrd) on a firewall(ASA 5500), while others to be authenticated by AAA. If it is possible, how do it do it?

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK no. Why would you want to do that anyway? That's a security hole.

Ok. I have Cisco Security Manager, Cisco MARS, LMS and VMS in my network. Now, the requirement is something like this:

Everyone (including CSM) accessing devices like firewalls, routers, switchces, IPS Sensors should be authenticated by the ACS.

But when I went throught the CSM documentation I understood that the best way for CSM to logon to the firewall is by a local user.

Hence I an looking for a mechanism for the CSM only to bypass the AAA authentication while the network administrators being authenticated by the AAA.

Regards,

Rishikesh Khedkar

What we did was create a local user account in ACS. That way the user account is still AAA'd and you can set the password to no expiry, limit the access, etc.

HTH

Thanks,

Regards,

Rishikesh Khedkar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: