cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0 Device Update issue

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to do an update from LMS file system of several RME 4.0 packages and I got the following messages:

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

Number of Packages Selected for Install : 3

For Product(s) : Resource Manager Essentials

Install Invoked by user : admin

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

Cat3750, LibInventory, SharedInventoryCatSwitch

WARNING : Cat3750(3.0):Consistency check failed for base package SharedInventoryCatIOS

WARNING : SharedInventoryCatSwitch(2.1):Consistency check failed for base package LibInventory

No package(s) to install for : Resource Manager Essentials

It's a LMS 2.6 on Windows 2000 SP4.

I didn't have this kind of error before.

Do you have any idea ?

10 Replies 10

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if you update the pkgs from the local filesystem you have to take care of the correct sequence yourself, i.e in general you 'll need 3 seperate jobs: first the Libxxx pkgs, second the Sharedxxx and the last one the device pkgs.

This is time consuming because of the services restart but it works!

I tried LibInventory first and it worked.

But for SharedInventory, I got the same message as previously.

Do you know what means Consistency check failed for base package LibInventory ?

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Why yes I experienced this exact issue before and the clean up isn't nice since it points to a corrupted install. You can try deleting the packages and re-downloading them.

It could be a solution but I'm afraid to do it and not to be able to reinstall the package after deleting.

This error means that you are missing dependent packages. The psu.log will list which packages are missing. If you are doing an update from the file system, it could be that you have not downloaded enough packages to satisfy the dependency tree.

You're certainly right.

In the psu.log, I have this message:

Dependent package[LibInventory] present in source location has lower version than needed

I've just installed the LibInventory package version 1.11.2.

In the readme file of the SharedInventory package, we need V1.11.1 of LibInventory which is less than I've installed.

If a package requires a version less than the current version, that is fine. But something must be requiring LibInventory 1.11.2. Now that you've installed it. Note, the latest LibInventory is 1.11.4 which is part of the recent RME 4.0.6 update. If you upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 and RME 4.0.6 you will have all the recent packages.

Thanks for reply.

Effectively, I planned to install these packages, but before that I will check them in my lab.

I looked for these patches on CCO.

I found RME.4.0.6 but I didn't find CS.3.0.6 in the CS patch list which is a pre-requisite for the RME patch.

Perhaps, I missed something ?

I found cs3.0.6 in the strong crypto zone of CCO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: