cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Server for TAPS

Ben Cook
Level 4
Level 4

I have installed a CUCM 6.0 cluster with Unity 5.0. I would like to use TAPS to configure the phones. I need to configure CRS 4.5+ in order to use TAPS in the CUCM 6.0 world.

How can I do this if I don't have a spare server laying around? I tried the install on the Unity server, but installation aborted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CRS needs to be installed on Cisco Windows OS, similarly to Windows based CallManager. You also need approved MCS server, or OEM HP or IBM server.

Your other option is to install it on VMware if it's only going to be used for TAPS and not production CRS stuff.

Chris

Well I tried to install it on a MCS-7854-H2 server that has the Cisco provided Unity OS (Win Server 2003) and it was a no go.

Thoughts?

Unity is installed on regular Windows 2003 OS (media and platform config DVDs are provided by Cicso), as oppose to required OS such as:

2000.4.4a

2000.4.5a

2003.1.2a

etc

These are Cisco modified Windows 2000/2003 platforms which have a lot of MS specific stuff stripped off. You need to install CRS on appropriate OS version.

Check out this compatibility matrix for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1683/ccmigration_09186a008086dfe9.pdf

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Are there any available configuration guides for TAPS on a CRS server? I can't find anything that includes the steps needed to get TAPS up and running for CUCM 6.0 environment.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks,

Ben

The TAPS configurations is located in the Bulk Administration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t15taps.html

That is the problem...it really isn't. All that it says in this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Configuring the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Auto-Register Phone Tool Application in CRS Applications Server

You can review the Cisco CRS 4.5 application server documentation by browsing to Cisco Voice Applications and Tools at http://www.cisco.com. Refer to the Cisco Customer Response Administration Guide for instructions on how to configure an application.

Additional Topics

See the "Related Topics" section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is not a configuration guide as to what I need to do with the TAPS install on the CRS server. The guide they refer to does not even have the word TAPS or Auto-Registration in the entire document.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi,

I meet the same issue.

There aren't documentations.

After installing taps on CRS server I dont find the CRS script.

Do you solve your issue.

Best regards.

Thanks.

I was having the same issue trying to find out how to setup the script. It is diffent than the older version. You need to add it through the AAR Management. It creats the APP and uploads the script for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: