cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcom adapters can't connect to 1240AG when using WPA-PSK

deanhjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with broadcom adapters not being able to connect to our 1240AG access points when using WPA-PSK. Other manufacture's adapters work just fine.

3 Replies 3

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

this problem could be old drivers or old chipsets that don't support the new encryption methods. have you gotten the latest drivers from the card manufacturer.

Bill

Some of the devices having the problem are new systems using the latest drivers and/or chipsets. It's all broadcom adapters that seem to have the problem.

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I have to agree with the post about drivers regarding the Broadcom cards since most of my Broadcom problems were fixed with the new drivers. What is the version/date of the drivers you are using.

There is one other possible issue. It has been a long time since I saw this problem so I forget the exact details; however, there was a bug in the 1240 AP which caused client connect issues if you had WEP,TKIP, and AES enabled on the AP. Some clients would connect and others would not. I would not have seen this problem since I ususally don't use WEP, but I had to get one WEP device working and hit this bug.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card