Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE no inservice & inservice standby

In the Cisco ACE Module Server Load-Balancing configuration guide i found the following descriptions

No Inservice :

- tear down existing non-tcp connections to the server

- allow existing tcp connections to complete before taking the server out of service

- disallow any new connections to the server

inservice standby :

- tear down existing non-tcp connections to the server

- allow existing tcp connections to complete before taking the server out of service

- allow new sticky connections for existing server connections that match entries in the sticky database ?????

- load-balance all new connecitons (other than matching sticky connections mentioned above) to the other servers in the serverfarm

- eventually take the server out of service

Now what does that 3rd line mean at the "inservice standby" section ?

regards,

Sebastian

2 Replies 2

If you configure stickiness (persistence) on ACE .A sticky database entry is created when traffic hit the sticky policy. This sticky entry remains in the database until the (configurable value) "sticky time out" expires.

If you use inservice standby (which is the recommended way of taking real out of service if stickiness is defined)then any new connection that matches the sticky entry in the sticky database will be entertained by the ACE.

Syed

So if I need to restart a service of a server or shutdown it for any reason, should I go with "inservice standby" or "no inservice" bear in mind that stickiness is configured?

Regards,

Hesham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: