cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic Mirroring on a router

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

We have a router terminating some PRI lines. These lines carry data and voice traffic. We have a requirement where we need to record voice going over this line. Generally we do voice recording in LAN using RSPAN and some recording tool like Witness or Nice etc.

In this case, because of certain customer limitations, we cannot do it in LAN. Is it possible to mirror traffic from one router port to another. Also can a standard tool like Witness etc can record such traffic mirrored over a router

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the alternative would be using Lawful Intercept:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/as5850/software/feature/guide/lawincep.html

that is available for 2851 and 3845 as well, but it seems much more complicated than regular span based recording.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This seems to be a better solution eventhough a little complicated.

I only have one cocern. I am not connecting to PSTN. The PRI line is actuallu a point to point data line. It seems that this solution will work for it as well, so I will test it in lab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card