Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgrade on Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G2)

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi All,

Per Cisco recomendation Iam planning to upgrade IOS on 7206VXR (NPE-G2).

From 'sh Ver' :

System image file is "disk2:c7200p-advsecurityk9-mz.124-4.XD3.bin"

Sh bootflash:

c7200p-kboot-mz.124-4.XD2.bin

show bootvar

BOOT variable does not exist

CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist

BOOTLDR variable does not exist

WARM_REBOOT variable = FALSE

Configuration register is 0x2102

In the running config , I do not see

anywhere 'boot system disk2:' command. So the rtr picking up the IOS from disk2 without any bootvar..?

Also, when I upload the new IOS to 'disk2' do I have to issue the 'boot system disk2: c7206newios....bin' then same command with old IOS file to boot with new IOS..?

please advise.

Thank you inadvance

MS

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The router looks for the first IOS image and boots it if there is not "boot system" statement. If you plan to have two images on the disk you will need the "boot system" statement pointing to the image you want loaded. If there will only be one image you should not need the "boot system" command.

HTH and please rate.

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply. The other question I have on this is...

bootflash:c7200p-kboot-mz.124-4.XD2.bin

why the router did not pickup this image while booting-instead picked Disk2 image. Iam not sure, but this is not valid image..?

Please clarify.

Thank you in advance.

MS

This is a boot image, kind of like the rommon image but for 7200's. If you were to delete all the IOS images and you rebooted you go into this bootflash.

Thank you very much.

KouiQtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear

Did you loose you config when you upgrade cisco 7206. I have one here that is rebooting suddenly.

People advise to upgrade the ios. my current ios is c7200p-spservicesk9-mz.124-4.XD10.bin

Please could you advise

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: