Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA SSM-20

jdedon
Level 1
Level 1

I need a little help here.

I have two new 5520 ASAs each with SSM modules.

I seem to be having problems with the ASDM software not recognizing the SSM. One day it is there and the next it does not show up. I can session to the ssm from the console connection, but I can not connect to the SSM through the ASA ASDM or directly through an ASDM browser connection to the SSM interface. I can ping from the SSM to my laptop and from my laptop to the SSM. The ASA is running 7.2(3) and the ASDM is 5.2(3). I have 6.2.1599 on the SSM. Another strange thing that may or may not be related, is the ASDM generated commands are being errored as invalid commands on the ASA. I just re-installed Java and that did not clear the problems. Any ideas? BTW, I have both units in an Active Standby configuration and the primary SSM has failed completely and an RMA has been ordered. The secondary "was" fine. They are not in production yet so I do need to iron out the bugs.

Thanks in Advance

Johnny

3 Replies 3

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

AIP SSM or CSC SSM? I had a ton of issues with the CSC SSM when I got a couple of them to demo (I actually got ride of them I disliked them so much).

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

CSC SSM.

they do kinda suck so far. cisco should put more info on their site about these modules. NO indication that I could find prior to buying these modules that they were a cheesy trend-micro appliance. Notice how they are licensed...eg. not concurrent but by number of actual users (and even that is not accurate). They also use completely seperate licenses in a failover pair (active active or active standby). No authentication methods for Web content filtering of bypass of same.

I bought these only because they were packaged at a real good deal, but hindsight I would have spent money on better product such as barracuda or netspective appliance.

I have had a similar problem, I upgraded to 8.0(3) and it is fixed.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card