cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Usage

aukes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2811 and we are trying to solve a bandwidth usage problem. Is there a way to determine what host IP is using all the bandwidth on the Serial port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Allen

Probably the easiest way to determine that is to configure NetFlow on the router. NetFlow will generate statistics that will identify addresses, protocols, and amount of traffic. It would be especially interesting to configure the option in NetFlow to identify the Top Talkers. This link has information about this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805e11ab.html

It seems that it would be just what you need.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Allen

Probably the easiest way to determine that is to configure NetFlow on the router. NetFlow will generate statistics that will identify addresses, protocols, and amount of traffic. It would be especially interesting to configure the option in NetFlow to identify the Top Talkers. This link has information about this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805e11ab.html

It seems that it would be just what you need.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Allen

I am glad that my suggestion was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a question and can know that they will read a response that resolved the question.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco