cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Off Hook Status of Called DN

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I have a customer that we recently installed CCM 5.1 for...thier old system would notify them that the number being called was on the phone when they called...We have installed AC for some of the users but this appears to be the biggest "issue" thus far. Is there any way to display that the called dn is busy..other than disabling the busy coverage paths and disabling caller waiting.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If they want this on Internal calls only Communications Manager 5 has some Presence features that may be of use.

You can configure a BLF Speed-Dial button on each phone which will display a presence indication at line level. I believe that this function is also available through the Directory. So providing you dial through the Directory or using a BLF Speed-Dial you should get some indication of whether a user is busy or not before you make the call.

There is more info about presence in the CM 5.X SRND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070077

If they want an external caller to be notified that they are busy, or just want to hear busy tone I can't think of any other option than that which you have already suggested: removing all busy coverage paths etc...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply...I am familiar with the BLF Speed Dial function..this will not since most of the phones are 7941's this is not an option...we would only be able to give 1 indicator per phone...this would not really help. We have enabled presense on the directory but this doesn't help on transfers or if you dial after you pickup the handset...They are only interested in internal calls...

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: