Views
Helpful
Replies

International Number handling in CCM

stevann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How the CallManager handle the international number?

Let say I dial +18123456789, how the CCM handle it? Should CCM change it to 018123456789? Or it shouldn't?

Because when I try in CCM 4.2.3, the CCM change it to 0, but when I try in CCM 5.1.1, the CCM no change it.

Can somebody help me?

Regards,

Stevan

3 Replies 3

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

Ideally, CCM will not understand if a number is local or international unless it is configured in dial plan.

If your number was getting translated in 4.2.3, it was probably because that translation (attaching a 0) was configured in CCM

When you dial 181123456789 in 5.1.1, does this call get routed or do you hear a fast busy tone

Hi,

Thank you for your respond.

But I think I am not describing the problem clearly.

Actually I use the dual-mode mobile phone (Nokia E51) with the SCCP Client.

In the contact, as usual, I always save the phone number using international format (+ country code-phone number).

Let say the country code is 1 and the phone number is 8123456789, so I save that number at my Nokia contact is +18123456789.

If I dial that number using SCCP client, I think the SCCP client will send that number to CCM. But how the CCM handle that number (+18123456789)?

Will CCM translate to something?

How to create a translation to handle that number?

Regards,

Stevan

Nokia SCCP client (aka Nokia Call Connect for Cisco) automatically changes "+" prefix to "00".

This behavior can be changed with Nokia Device Manager.

Best regards,

Piotr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: