Views
Helpful
Replies

International Number handling in CCM

stevann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How the CallManager handle the international number?

Let say I dial +18123456789, how the CCM handle it? Should CCM change it to 018123456789? Or it shouldn't?

Because when I try in CCM 4.2.3, the CCM change it to 0, but when I try in CCM 5.1.1, the CCM no change it.

Can somebody help me?

Regards,

Stevan

3 Replies 3

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

Ideally, CCM will not understand if a number is local or international unless it is configured in dial plan.

If your number was getting translated in 4.2.3, it was probably because that translation (attaching a 0) was configured in CCM

When you dial 181123456789 in 5.1.1, does this call get routed or do you hear a fast busy tone

Hi,

Thank you for your respond.

But I think I am not describing the problem clearly.

Actually I use the dual-mode mobile phone (Nokia E51) with the SCCP Client.

In the contact, as usual, I always save the phone number using international format (+ country code-phone number).

Let say the country code is 1 and the phone number is 8123456789, so I save that number at my Nokia contact is +18123456789.

If I dial that number using SCCP client, I think the SCCP client will send that number to CCM. But how the CCM handle that number (+18123456789)?

Will CCM translate to something?

How to create a translation to handle that number?

Regards,

Stevan

Nokia SCCP client (aka Nokia Call Connect for Cisco) automatically changes "+" prefix to "00".

This behavior can be changed with Nokia Device Manager.

Best regards,

Piotr