Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM6.0 with no default 50 license unit

guanfw.solsis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I wanted to try out new features in CCM6.0 but I do not have a license. I read somewhere that CCM6.0 comes with 50 license units by default. I installed CCM5.1 (with 0 license) into a VMWare machine and then upgraded it to CCM6.0.1.2000-3. Is there anyway to regenerate back the default 50 license unit as I see that after upgrading, I still see 0 license? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Unified Communications Manager comes preinstalled with starter licenses, so a file upload is not required. Starter licenses have no expiration date and are available in limited quantities. Be aware that starter licenses are only available for fresh installations; they are not available for upgrades or migrations from previous releases. Starter licenses support only one Cisco Unified Communications Manager node and up to 50 device license units.

Starter license units get replaced when you purchase a production license.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/cucm-rel_note-601a.html#wp45773

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: