Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE - Can Gig2/0 back up Gig1/0?

limtohsoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

I'm configuring WAE-7326 & WAE-612. There are two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces: Gig 1/0 and Gig 2/0.

What is the other interface typically used for? For e.g. my primary interface is Gig 1/0. What should I use Gig 2/0 for? I wish to use it to back up Gig 1/0. How to do it? Can you share sample config?

Please advise.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

2 Replies 2

danhosking
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you can form an Etherchannel with the 2 ports. So doing this should provide you redundancy.

salolope
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lim,

The second interface can be used to: (1) connect to a different network, (2) to form a port-channel with the first interface or (3) to provide a redundant connection (in case of failure to the first interface).

The third option is typically done by creating a "Standby" interface. This is similar to "NIC teaming" on a server. This "Standby" interface is a logical layer 3 interface in which Gig 1/0 and Gig 2/0 are in the same "standby group" and one would take over the load in case the primary failed.

Please take a look here for reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/wafs/v30/configuration/guide/interfac.html#wp1136645

Thanks,

Sal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: