cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME MWI Won't Light

kconley-johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CME 4.1 with CUE 2.3. When a message is left for an extension, the MWI envelope indicator appears for the extension, but the MWI light does not light. When I dial the MWI on number, the envelope appears, but no light. When I dial the MWI off number, the envelope disappears. I have double-checked my configuration on the CME. I will attach a copy of the configuration. Help!

Thanks,

Kim

3 Replies 3

kconley-johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Disregard the configuration previously attached. Here is the most current configuration:

Can you add this command:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

ephone-dn 63

number 8000.... <--extra dot

mwi on

!

!

ephone-dn 64

number 8001.... <--extra dot

mwi off

dial-peer voice 150 voip

incoming called-number 800[01].... <-- change here

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Here is the good link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008027fa9f.shtml

Please rate the post if help.

Ken

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kim,

It almost sounds to me like this isn't the Primary Line on the phone (have a look at this command);

mwi-line

To designate a line other than the primary line of an ephone to be associated with the ephone's message waiting indicator (MWI) lamp, use the mwi-line command in ephone configuration mode. To return to the default, use the no form of this command.

mwi-line line-number

no mwi-line

Syntax Description

line-number

Line number to be associated with the MWI lamp. Range is from 1 to 34.

Command Default

A phone's MWI lamp is lit only when there is a message waiting for the phone's primary line (line 1).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_m1ht.html#wp1013830

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: