cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0 Dec Update - BUG CSCs100042

dmitry
Level 1
Level 1

The question is if any special OS level config or CW environment vars mod is required to get the provided workaround working:

The snmpwalk no longer works (in Device Centre Tools section). I'm able to do it from the OS itself to any devices managed by CW.

I did install NetSNMP, GCC346, openssl 0.9.8 from SunFreeware for Sol 10 (/usr/local). The lib file was modified:

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config

Default Library Path (ELF): /lib:/usr/lib (system default)

Trusted Directories (ELF): /lib/secure:/usr/lib/secure:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib

However I was not sure if CW uses ld.config

Also, does it (CW) need to have access to the /usr/local/bin for snmpwalk binary

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This bug should not have any bearing on LMS 3.0.1 since we are no longer using the Net-SNMP framework for the SNMP Walk and Set tools (Net-SNMP doesn't support the 3DES SNMP authPriv algorithm). What error do you get trying to do use the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center?

Here is the message:

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.224.99.254 starting from

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to snmpwalk the device. Please check your community string and starting OID, and try again.

I did check the community and actually retyped it just in case in the SNMP Walk param menu (I use ver 2)

Try specifying a starting OID like 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.

No go

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.224.103.254 starting from .1.3.6.1.2.1.1

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to snmpwalk the device. Please check your community string and starting OID, and try again.

Tried this OID (MIB2 system) via cli of solaris against the same host with no issues

I finally got LMS 3.0.1 running on one of my Solaris servers, and I can confirm that we did not drop net-snmp, and this bug is the problem. I have escalated this so that we can have a patch available with the missing shared objects.

A patch has been made, and will be posted to Cisco.com shortly.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: