cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP ISSUES....

macarpenter
Level 1
Level 1

we have an issue where I can see BGP prefixes in the BGP-RIB table. The prefix is coming up as 'no best path'. The routers that are advertising the routes are reachable and sync is turned off. Why can't I see the routing in the routing table?

5 Replies 5

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Can you send Show ip bgp for such prefix.

This seems to be an issue for any networks on the 64622 AS. All other AS's are fine...

BGP routing table entry for 10.237.0.0/16, version 10082

Paths: (2 available, no best path)

Multipath: eBGP iBGP

Flag: 0x820

Not advertised to any peer

64622, (received & used)

10.250.92.9 from 10.250.92.9 (10.254.100.92)

Origin IGP, metric 4294967295, localpref 100, valid, internal

64622, (received & used)

10.250.92.10 from 10.250.92.10 (10.254.100.192)

Origin IGP, metric 4294967295, localpref 100, valid, internal

This is only can happen when syn is on (which is not your case because there is no sync warning in the output) or when there already route with better AD installed in the routing table, nothing can prevent one AS from install the routes in the routing table (expect memory issues)

can we share the config, i will lab it up on my Rack for you.

Marc

You say that The routers that are advertising the routes are reachable. I am not clear whether than means that the advertised next hop is reachable or just that the router peer address is reachable. If the router is reachable but the next hop address is not reachable you would get symptoms like what you are experiencing.

Can you clarify whether the next hop address is reachable?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

Does your BGP configured for MPLS VPN multipath load sharing? It looks like it as indicated by the following;

Multipath: eBGP iBGP

Flag: 0x820

I think you should have external route and that should be the best path.

What is your "maximum-paths eibgp" value?

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card