Passed CCSP, what next?

Unanswered Question
Dec 19th, 2007

Hello everyone. As I've gone through the posts in this forum I'm confident this would the place for me to state such question: what next?

Recently I've been offered a payed-in-advance track-study with a Learning partner to obtain the CCIE certification. As a requisite I've been asked to present the written Security CCIE exam. While it's been a while since I passed the CCSP (Feb 2007) I don't know where to begin to cover the written exam blueprint. Should I get and go through each of the books recommended in the CCIE cert website? Or should I review granularly RFCs, protocols and technologies... this seems like the correct path, but might not be an efficient one.

Based on your experience, where should a Professional begin studying for the CCIE written exam? Many thanks in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Wed, 12/19/2007 - 11:09

I know others will chime in with recommendations, but i was just curious what your experience is. This will undoubtedly affect what people recommend for your studies.

armando.costilla Wed, 12/19/2007 - 11:20

thanks Steven. During the past three years I've worked as a Field Engineer, usually learning while troubleshooting a couple of Cisco technologies, voice included.

This year I've configured and troubleshot IPSec VPNs mostly. I've been assigned to learn and assist our sales team as Presales Engineer with RSA, hard-disk cipher and Ironport technologies. But that's it. I've worked with security tecnologies; like 75% are non-Cisco though.

Thanks again Steven.

This Discussion