cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having issues setting a session timeout for WLANs

jpeterson6
Level 2
Level 2

I'm configuring a WiSM with software version 4.2.62.0.

While setting up the WLANs, I am trying to set up a session timeout value of 12 hours (43200 secs) under the 'Advanced' tab of the WLAN edit.

However, when I hit 'Apply' and go back into the same WLAN edit, the timeout value goes back to 0.

I have tried checking off 'Allow AAA override' but that did not resolve the issue.

Anyone know how to get around this or resolve it?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try setting it in the CLI and verify that it took..... could be an issue with the 4.2 code since it is pretty new :)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Sometimes this happens. You can configure the session timeout value on the RADIUS server. If you happen to have ACS RADIUS attribute 27 is used in order to configure the session-timeout values. Alternatively you can try to upgrade the controller.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try setting it in the CLI and verify that it took..... could be an issue with the 4.2 code since it is pretty new :)

-Scott

I was able to make the change through the CLI. Thanks for the suggestion!

It still wasn't showing any values through the GUI even after a save/reboot on both controllers, but the values stuck in the CLI so it seems to be working fine.

Just to be sure, I opened up a TAC with Cisco and got confirmation that it is indeed a cosmetic bug (id# CSCsj36298).

I read somewhere here in forum, that if you have multiple controllers and they share the same mobility group, you should set session time out for all the controllers with the exact value, otherwise, that problem your having will occur.

It is best practice to keep configuration on multiple controllers in the same mobility group identical, except for device specific settings like IP addresses, hostname, etc. SSID's and user settings should also be configured and the same throughout each WLC in the mobility group for roaming purposes.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: