cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Query CallerID in Realtime

KeveyXXXX
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to query the Caller ID of a phone in realtime? I'd like a script to query a phone's Alerting name/CallerID but unsure if this is even possible??

The only way I can think of is to use CGI/Screenshot and interpret the image from there - but that is both slow and very messy!!

Anyone got any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

You can do it by using JTAPI. Once your JTAPI code registers with CCM, it starts to receive events from it. You can even filter what phones to monitor. When a call comes in, it hands you over various events, such as call ringing, call answer, etc. along with caller ID.

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

You might check out the PRI debugger software from Pippinsoftware.com . It does this at the PRI level, so obviously only calls that have an external leg would be picked up

KeveyXXXX
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys. I was hoping (in vein it would seem) that I could query the phone directly without using 3rd party tools. Will check them out.

Cheers

Oh you can do that alright by following the advice of the second poster. Both TAPI and JTAPI providers are provided by Cisco so there's no third party software.

If you download the IP Phone Services SDK from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

it contains a JTAPI sample caller CallerInfo - it is an excellent starting point as it already does what most people want to do with CTI: monitor a phone and trigger some action when a call comes in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: