Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to view 2800 series router in Ciscoview

neil_titchener
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In the last year I've worked for two companies, each running Ciscoworks LMS2.6 and in each company I've experienced the same problem. When trying to view a 2800 series router in ciscoview the message below appears.

Can't find applicable device package for x.x.x.253.

Am I right in thinking that cisco have not provided a device package for this router. If anyone knows if there is a device package for this router I'd be greatful if you'd let me know.

Thanks

Neil

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a device package for 2800 series routers. The package is called Rtr2800. Of course, without knowing the exact sysObjectID of this router, I cannot say if the device is supported by the current package.

You can find CiscoView packages by going to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update and performing a download and installation of new packages directly from Cisco.com. Alternatively, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi and find packages that way.

Thanks for that. I've tried many times to do a device update but it's never downloaded the 2800 router package for ciscoview. I've manually downloaded it and will install it once back from xmas holidays.

Thanks for your help