Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group final destination no voicemail

andrew.bagley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have hunt groups configured on our phone system which is set up with a 'final' destination. The hunt groups work correctly but when it hits the final it does not pass this onto voicemail. An example of our config is below -

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 321456

list 301, 302

final 303

timeout 10, 10

After we dial the pilot the call gets passed through the group but when it reaches the final the message we get is that there is no user available and the call ends there. However if we dial the internal number (303) directly then we get through to the voicemail. I have been through all the settings and cannot work out what needs to be done to sort this. I have looked back on past posts on these forums so apologies if I have missed the solution to this previously.

Our devices are -

Cisco CME 4.2

Cisco 2821 12.4(11)

Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1

Many thanks in advance.

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

No worries!

My understanding of this type of setup is that the *Final* number would be the Voicemail Pilot number (not 303). The actual Voicemail account would reside on the Hunt Pilot#

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately I have tried this and I got the same result. I set up voicemail for the pilot and it still didnt work, but when I called the voicemail internally and it works correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

Did you also change the

final xxx (where xxx is the Voicemail Pilot#)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I did also do that change, so still no luck am afraid. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Andrew;

I am assuming that ideally you wanted to hit the voicemail configured on 303. When you turn on the debugs do you see it passing to the VM system. Are you using Unity express or Unity.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

Yes that is correct - we want to hit the voicemail configured on 303. At the moment we can only reach this when dialing 303 from within our internal systems. I have not tried the debugs - I have had a look at what commands I would need but it seems like a whole new subject in itself and I am no voice expert - any ideas on what commands I would need? Also, we are using Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

Can you try setting up the Pilot# 321456 as an Alternate Extension under 303?

It is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity Express (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco Unity Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the Primary E.164 number. However, only two Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express extensions are allowed to share the same mailbox in the Cisco Unity Express voicemail.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_qanda_item09186a0080875c6f.shtml#q12

Place one ext in the primary ext field, and the other in the E.164 field

phonenumber - Specifies a number or extension for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

phonenumberE164 - Specifies a telephone number with area code for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 create

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumber 50180 (in your case 303)

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumberE164 13335550180 (in your case 321456)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ef7a7.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update on this. I have managed to try this and I bascially get the same problem - still no voicemail is recognised. I am at a bit of a loss with this one to be honest. It used to work previously, however we recently upgraded the CME to 4.2 from Version 3 and I am wondering if this has effected anything. It has affected out Music On Hold in a strange way - the music plays louder and faster now?! Maybe this voicemail problem is an issue with the upgrade too? has anyone come accross anything like this before?

Thanks in advance

Which exact IOS are you running? If not XW5, you may be running in various bugs then fixed. Not to say that other bugs do not remain even in XW5.

Hi, the version we are running is as follows -

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Are you saying we should try upgrading to a XW5 release?

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: