cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cups 6

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I am using cups 6.02 with cvp 4 and cm 5.1. I read a couple different guides where it indicates that if you have more than one cups server they must be in the same subnet and you cannot use them across the wan. DO they have to be in the same subnet when you have two cups server? I have one cluster distributed with a subscriber in another part of the country that is why the concern

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to SRND clustering CUPS over WAN is not supported, both servers have to be co-located with the CM Pub:

Cisco Unified Presence Deployment Models

Cisco Unified Presence is supported with the following Unified CM deployment models:

single-site centralized call processing, multisite centralized call processing, and multisite distributed call processing.

However, both the Cisco Unified Presence publisher and subscriber must be co-located with the Unified CM publisher. The Cisco Unified Presence cluster is not supported in Unified CM deployments with clustering over the WAN.

HTH,

Chris

I'm sorry but I don't understand what 'co-located' means exactly. On the same switch? No routing have to be done between the three servers?

Thanks.

Stefania

what the issue is Cupps bing in the same subnet an in the sam physical location.

Cups 6 does not support this configuration.

The next release of cups will.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: