Views
Helpful
Replies

Flash error -2801

ken.chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I seem to be getting this error message everytime I reload the router.

amd_flash_cmd(): timeout on erase sector command

environment write to NVRAM failed

I deleted a file from flash sslclient, and since then it's been happening.

Any advice? Thank you

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems an hardware fault on the NVRAM (not flash), please contact the TAC for a possible replacement.

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

I tend to agree with P, but you should also check to see what happens when you use a different flash card and try different DRAM. Whacked out DRAM causes all sorts of issues.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Thanks guys! I have opened a case with TAC. Wait and see I guess.

This is the command I can't seem to get rid of even if I do a wr er.

!

webvpn cef

!

As I started to configure Webvpn. That does explain the failure writing to nvram.

Hi,

that is just a coincidence. Supposedly, no matter what commands you enter or remove, you cannot damage hardware.

We have been experiencing this error on ISR routers running version 12.4(15)T1. We opened a case with TAC and it appears to be a cosmetic bug. We were pointed to bugID CSCsh01864 which describes the symptoms and indicates that a fix is available in 12.4(17)T.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hansolo24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get the exact error message at end of boot, after upgrading a 2801 from 12.4(5) to 12.4(15)T1

amd_flash_cmd(): timeout on erase sector command

environment write to NVRAM failed

did you get a reply?

The case that we opened with TAC gave a bug ID indicating that it was a software issue - which is confirmed if you go back to an earlier version of code. It is not a hardware issue or an issue with the flash card.

We are waiting for release of a version of code which fixes this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card