Anti-X license

Answered Question
Dec 20th, 2007
User Badges:

I have about 280 users in the office. The Anti-X licnese is either 250 users or 500 users, which the 500 users license is twice that for 250 users.

Most of my users are connected via a proxy server before hitting the firewall. Will the Anti-X appliance consider the proxy server as ONE user? In this case, will I be able to purchase the 250 user license instead?

Correct Answer by scott.hartlaub about 9 years 7 months ago

I had the basically the same type of question a while back, because i was receiving warning messages regarding licensing. It keeps telling me we are over our limit of 500 licenses, when i only have 250 users. The response i received from CISCO was it doesn't really affect anything. The CSM is not going to cut off your users.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
jbayuka Fri, 12/28/2007 - 07:15
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The Cisco ASA 5500 series adaptive security appliance comes with a DES license that provides encryption. You can obtain a 3DES-AES license that provides encryption technology to enable specific features, such as secure remote management (SSH, ASDM, and so on), site-to-site VPN, and remote access VPN. You need an encryption license key to enable this license.

eppiet Fri, 12/28/2007 - 08:40
User Badges:

You have missed my point. The encryption license is on the ASA5500 which I have.

My question is on the number of license required if my users are behind a proxy server.

Correct Answer
scott.hartlaub Fri, 12/28/2007 - 11:25
User Badges:

I had the basically the same type of question a while back, because i was receiving warning messages regarding licensing. It keeps telling me we are over our limit of 500 licenses, when i only have 250 users. The response i received from CISCO was it doesn't really affect anything. The CSM is not going to cut off your users.

eppiet Fri, 12/28/2007 - 11:35
User Badges:

Thank you Scott. This is good news.

garciahernan Tue, 07/20/2010 - 09:55
User Badges:

Hello

The Anwer is Yes, I had the same issues, and if all your user use a Proxy Server, the Anti-X only view one IP address, and you can use the minimal licence required, the license referred the maximun simultaneous (IP Address) user in 24 Hours

Regards

Actions

This Discussion