Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI doesn't refresh

thibaultct
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a phone (7912) with 2 voicemails. One is the VM of the DN associated with the phone and the other VM is just a MWI extensions. I have unread messages on both VMs, but when I listen to them on the VM associated with the phone, the light turn off even though there still messages on the "virtual" VM so this user doesn't know that there is messages in his VM. Can I do something about it? I want the light to be On if there is an unread messages in any one of VM. Users told me that it was working fine before, but I don't know about that. I'm using Unity 4.2(1).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

What version of call maanger are you using? If you are using call manager below 6.X,the behaviour is expected. MWI only works for the primary line.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

What version of call maanger are you using? If you are using call manager below 6.X,the behaviour is expected. MWI only works for the primary line.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only lights the Primary line MWI. If you have another VM box, then you need to have a second line on the phone and you will NOT get a light, but a message envelop.

I think there a service parameter you can set to light all lines with MWI though....

I'm using Call Manager 4.2. So your saying that is a normal behavior and I can't do anything about it? There is no workaround to make it works?

Cisco was planning on provide solution to this in their 6.X release, and i am not sure if they have already done.

So call manager 4.2 has that limitation,