Study Materials for CCNP-BSCI

Unanswered Question
Dec 20th, 2007

Hello everyone, I am new to the board and looking for some advice. I am excited to report that I became a CCNA this past Tuesday (Dec.18th).I was quite nervous but I passed on my first attempt.

The academy I just finished does not offer the CCNP classes presently due to lack of student demand. Therefore I would like to try the self-study route. I work at my school as a networking lab assistant so I should have access to new Cisco routers and switches.

My question is what does everyone recommend as far as study materials for the BSCI go? I have done a little research on the Bryant Advantage site and am so far impressed with it. Does anyone have any first hand experience with that site? I have also looked into the Cisco Press books.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccnp_seeker Fri, 12/21/2007 - 12:09

Hi Matt,

The recommended study guides from cisco press are:

1. The self study guide for BSCI 3rd edition

2. Exam certification guide for BSCI 4th edition

Also try some searches on cisco.com on the topics of the Exam Blue Print.

regards.....

Hi Matt

I can vouch for the Bryant Advantage study guides and also the TrainSignal CBT's. I used them for my CCNA and have also purchased then for my CCNP track.

However for my CCNP I have also picked up Jeff Doyles Routing TCP/IP Vol 1 & Vol 2, CCIE Routing and Switching by Wendell Odom (3rd edition) and Internet Routing Architectures by Sam Halabi (great for BGP information).

Although these books are geared towards the CCIE Written, I think (and judging by the reviews they have received I am not alone) that these are fabulous books and will make great reference material as you progress through your career.

Best Regards & Good luck with the studies,

Michael

lotten1981 Mon, 01/07/2008 - 10:00

Todd Lammle's BSCI Study guide published by Sybex.

All of Todd's books are good.

Actions

This Discussion