cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

208 can work with 6500 series 240V Input plug ?

jing_nghik
Level 1
Level 1

Our building has a 208 and the requirements seem to say supports 110V and 240V and there seems to be a range, but I was curious if the 208 that the building has works with the 240 inputs. There are 2 fans with 2 plugs each for a total of 4 plugs.

I know if I have the 208s plugged in, it wont generate near the same watts as the 240; but my superiors are fine with that.

If you guys need more explanation, feel free to ask.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

From the install guide:

AC-input type

2 AC-inputs per power supply. High-line input with power factor correction (PFC) included.

Note Power factor correction is a standard feature on all Catalyst 6500 series AC-input power supplies. PFC reduces the reactive component in the source AC current allowing higher power factors (typically 99 percent or better) and lower harmonic current components.

AC-input voltage

•Low-line (120 VAC nominal)-85 VAC (min) to 132 VAC (max)

•High-line (230 VAC nominal)-170 VAC (min) to 264 VAC (max)

You should be fine.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

From the install guide:

AC-input type

2 AC-inputs per power supply. High-line input with power factor correction (PFC) included.

Note Power factor correction is a standard feature on all Catalyst 6500 series AC-input power supplies. PFC reduces the reactive component in the source AC current allowing higher power factors (typically 99 percent or better) and lower harmonic current components.

AC-input voltage

•Low-line (120 VAC nominal)-85 VAC (min) to 132 VAC (max)

•High-line (230 VAC nominal)-170 VAC (min) to 264 VAC (max)

You should be fine.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

Thanks !! Greatly appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card