CCVP CallManager version

Unanswered Question
Dec 20th, 2007

So I was going to use CallManager 4.1(3) in my lab, but my friend at Berbee (CDW) said to use 6.0. He told me that the CCIE lab is going to jump right from 4.1 to 6.0 and that is what I should be learning. I only see CallManager 4.1 and 5 on the CCVP. He said that 6 is really 5.2, but Cisco didn't want to call it 5.2 and wanted to call it 6.0 instead and change the name to UC or something like that. Can anyone confirm this? What should I study? I am very confused.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.5 (4 ratings)
ccbootcamp Thu, 12/20/2007 - 20:08

6.0 has not yet be announced for the CCIE Voice lab exam nor is it being using in CCVP yet. If you goal is CCIE Voice, I would concentrate on CCM 4.1 for now. If the CCIE team announces something, you should have at least 6 months to prepare for a change in major versions of Call Mangler.

For now, just focus on your CCVP efforts and understanding the core technologies. Don't get too wrapped up in the CCIE Voice myths and preparation. CCVP first, then CCIE Voice written next - one step at a time.

(please rate the post if this helps!)

SteveDexter Thu, 12/20/2007 - 20:11

Thank you. What is the best way to setup the CCM 4.1 server? I want to make it so that I can easily reset the configuration back to default. Will Ghost work?

ccbootcamp Thu, 12/20/2007 - 20:12

Yes, Ghost would probably work, but I would suggest looking at VMWARE. It's the best way to refresh the config.

SteveDexter Thu, 12/20/2007 - 20:14

How do you setup CCM 4.1 on VMWARE? I thought you had to use a specific model server.

SteveDexter Thu, 12/20/2007 - 21:04

I found the post. Is there any chance I can purchase a DVD with the VMWARE image already created?

ccbootcamp Tue, 01/01/2008 - 19:02

Legally, no, I can not give you a copy of CCM under VMWARE. Have you tried speaking with your local Cisco SE? That would be a great option for you, or you can follow the instructions on and build one yourself. :)

SteveDexter Thu, 01/03/2008 - 13:34

If I had the DVDs I could build it myself. I just want it to use in my lab.

This Discussion