Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone & SCCP Phone - same phone number

elkono200
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i' ve CCME 4.1 configured with SIP and SCCP Phones.

i ve running Mobile Nokia E65 SIP Phones and Cisco 7961 SCCP Phones.

someone know if the SIP Phone can have the same number like the SCCP Phone. so that both phones will ring at the same time?

my config:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 771

label 771

name 771

corlist incoming AllNums

!

ephone 1

description 771

mac-address <mac>

button 1:1

huntstop channel

!

voice register dn 1

number 771

name 771

!

voice register pool 1

id mac <MAC-NOKIA>

number 1 dn 1

cor incoming AllNums default

codec g711ulaw

!

thx for ur help.

~elkono

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, that wont' work.

First, there are two types of hunt-groups in CCME, SCCP and SIP. Each type can be composed only of member phones that are consistently SCCP or SIP.

Second, only SIP hunt-group supports broadcast type.

Instead, the only method to ring more than one phone of SCCP, is shared lines.

And if you are thinking of trying something with call forward, that won't work neither, because CFA is disabled for hunt-group members.

So for the problem in question, either get intellisyinc software to make the nokia an SCCP phone, or use call-forward no-answer to move the call from one number to another.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They can have the same number, but will not ring at the same time. They will ring-round robin, or if a preference is used, according to that.

It is not possible to have SIP and SCCP phones ring at the same time - this is called shared line and is supported only across consistent protocol.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

You could if you use a hunt grp and broadcast setup though I`m not sure if broadcast is supported in CME. Create a pilot DN which is your "real" number and then assign dummy numbers to the two devices and label them with the "real" number so calls from them look correct

No, that wont' work.

First, there are two types of hunt-groups in CCME, SCCP and SIP. Each type can be composed only of member phones that are consistently SCCP or SIP.

Second, only SIP hunt-group supports broadcast type.

Instead, the only method to ring more than one phone of SCCP, is shared lines.

And if you are thinking of trying something with call forward, that won't work neither, because CFA is disabled for hunt-group members.

So for the problem in question, either get intellisyinc software to make the nokia an SCCP phone, or use call-forward no-answer to move the call from one number to another.