cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 - Couple issues.

markisaac
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco products and have a couple of issues. I have installed two 5510's and in both places the internet is now EXTREMELY slow. A Cisco tech got into one of them and said that everything looked fine. I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I am also trying to open the sqlnet port, but the state cannot seem to get in. I don't even see his IP come in the log but he did confirm the IP that I gave him. Here is the config. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I would start by upgrading to at least v. 7.2.2.

Check your speed duplex on outside interface. Hardcode to 100 full if necessary.

Next your acl doesn't look right for sqlnet. I believe you want this...

access-list outsidein extended permit tcp host x.x.x.x host 192.168.4.29 eq sqlnet

To upgrade from version 7.0(6) to 7.2 I have to first go to 7.1, correct? I am trying to figure out how to do that. The "upgrade software" is not an option under tools. I have downloaded all the updates and loaded them onto the unit. Is it a matter of just removing the asa706-k8.bin file? If I do that will the Cisco just pick up the next boot image or do I need to load asa711-k8.bin somehow?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card