cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP

dangal.43
Level 1
Level 1

can we have multiple peer group assign to single router and can peer group member work on multiple peer group?

and how many peer group can we create on single router?

2 Replies 2

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I think you can have as many peer groups as you want on the router, even one per neighbor over as many neighbors as the router will stand, if you want.

Someone correct me on this please, but AFAIU, the peer group does not have any functionality in protocol terms. I mean to say, it is just a convenient way of applying the same set of configuration commands to many neighbors ... a sort of configuration template if you will.

I think a neighbor can be a member of one peer group only. Otherwise if it was a member of two groups, and the two peer groups disagreed on a certain parameter, which one would you apply?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Hi,

Kevin is correct. You can have multiple peer group in a router. Since there is no document about the maximum peer group, you can have as many as you want as long as your router can take it.

Yes, the peer group is use to create the same routing policy to advertised to peers in the same group.

Though I have'nt tried. I think a router can be a member of multiple peer group as long as that peer group thus not come from the same router.

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card