cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

xmodem to recover 6500 issues

paarlberg
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to convert a 6509 from mixed to IOS native mode and I screwed up. Now it only boots to rommon>. The bootflash is empty and I don't have a flash card (they are on order) above 20MB to handle the image which is 26MB.

I am trying to transfer via xmodem and it is not working. I have the console port set to 38400 as the default speed.

Whenever I try to transfer based on the recovery procedure on Cisco's site, I get either no response message(within hyper-terminal). See attached screen shot. You can see some of the previous console messages as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Check out CSCdr13160,Add x/ymodem support in rommon for IOS image booting

When I do a search, all I get is this.

Bug ID CSCdr13160 has no detail information at this time. Please add to your watch group. Doing so will notify system administrators of your interest in this bug. Bug Toolkit can then notify you when changes occur.

Add x/ymodem support in rommon for IOS image booting

Though you would have done this but to be sure did you start sending the file via the hyperterminal option -- transfer --send file after initiating the x modem

Narayan

Yes, a couple times I got a few k transfered then it would stop.. It was very hit and miss.

I got a couple 64MB flash cards and was planning on putting the boot files on it, but can't get it formatted on another 6509 running IOS.

I haven't had a lot of time the last few days to play with it. Will see what I can do next week.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: