cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - VXML 3.1 JNDI

kent.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

I have an app I wrote that uses JNDI for a database lookup, via DNIS. As long as the database server is online, there is no issues. If the server goes offline for an unplanned event, when the JNDI database call is made, the user hears about 1 minute of dead air, before the ios browser finally times out. All my timeouts are set to less then 10 seconds, in cvp. I have even tried to add some fetch timeouts in the voice xml properties of the vxml app.

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Please note that the built-in Database element accesses databases via JNDI, and not through direct connections. Since JNDI connection pooling is handled by the application server being used, it is the application server that should be configured to support a pool large enough for your call volume. For detailed information about how to setup a JNDI database connection in Tomcat, please refer to the following Audium Knowledge Base article: "How to create a JNDI database connection in Tomcat for use in Audium applications".

This is not a pool issue. I run 20k+ calls a day though this app, no problem. What I am tring to do, is be pro-active, and have a plan for the day the database server dies, and the tomcat server is no longer able to connect to it.

Remember that this is not a perfect world, the database could currupt, the 6509 blade could fail, the server itself could lockup.

I run 100+ calls a minute, and vxml sitting waiting for a jndi call via tomcat to timeout is not gonna look pretty.

Since ICM/IOS/CVP finally times out after about a minute, most people are not gonna sit there for a minute with dead air.