Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 update Network Topology

cgarcia1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi LMS experts,

I am dealing with CW-LMS 2.5 updated to LMS 2.6, The scenario was like this...before the upgrading of the IPS 5.x version to IPS version 6.X the CW-Network Topology was ok. After the Upgrading of the IPS it was turn the topology to red line meaning it was down but physically it was ok, also that the Data Collection was updated and the Device Discovery was updated. From the Core Switch (6500 series)to the Distribution Switch (3750) in the middle of those two switches was the IPS device.In the CW-Network Topology it will appear as a straight line from Core Switch to Distribution Switch without showing the IPS device.Does anybody encounter this problem,Need your expertise for this matter guys.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPS devices are not supported by Campus Manager since they do not support CDP. The same is true for firewall devices. The CDP packets between the core and distribution layers will flow right through the IPS in either inline or promiscuous mode.

As for the links turning red, what version of Campus Manager is this?

Campus Manager 4.0.9

This is the known bug CSCsk08540. The fix is to upgrade to Common Services 3.0.6 and Campus Manager 4.0.10.

Hi Jclarke,

Already updated the Cisco Works with the CS 3.0.6 and CM 4.0.10, As the Network Topology Appears now the Link between the Core Switch device (Cat6500series)-to the IDS appliance(version 6.0)- to the Distribution switch ( Cat 3750)now was totally removed. But all the devices connected to the Distribution Switch which were the Access Sitches (2960) was all dicover and all appearing green. Taking into the view the main link was totally cut but physically it was there, and I can ping thru my console. Any idea regarding this matter.Thanks

I don't understand what you're describing. It would help to see a screenshot with captions illustrating where the problem lies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: