Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating third-party applications from 4.x to 5.x

jsol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

My customer wants to migrate its CUCM 4.1.3 to 5.1.3. He has some third-party applications that read CDR's and process the information. I've heard that in version 5.x it's not possible to directly access to CDR in order to obtain the required data but you have to use the CAR tool. Is this true? Or you can use Informix commands via a third-party application to access the information at CDR's?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The CDR records are stored in flat files and then FTPd or SFTPd to your choice of up to 3 billing servers.If you upgrade from Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x, Cisco Unified CallManager saves the CDRs in the CAR database to CSV files. The Data Migration Tool uses these CSV files to upgrade the CAR database. The system stores the CSV files in /common/download/windows/car. The system stores the pregenerated reports in /common/download/windows/pregenerated.

Because Cisco Unified CallManager 5.x does not use a CDR database to store CDR records as in previous releases, the CDR data does not migrate to the Cisco Unified CallManager 5.x system.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/service/serv504/car/carovrvw.htm#wp1102412

Thsnks a lot for your answer.

Then, I've to deduce that if I've an application made by using SQL commands (like "select", for exemple) in order to directly read the info from the CallManager 4.x database and export the results to an other application in order to process them, it will not work after the migration, isn't it? If so, can I do the same thing by reprogramming the application to use informix commands or I have to mandatorily use the CAR application provided by CallManager 5.x?

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: