CCNA Vs technical designer

Unanswered Question
Dec 25th, 2007

Merry Christmas to all forumist,

Hi guys, at the moment am working as an technical designer electrical but a few years ago i did ccna 1-4 but i did the industrial exams failed and i haven't worked as network engineer, i was wondering if it is possible to get a sensible paying job with CCNA 1-4 as a network engineer? at the moment i only get paid less than £10.20 an hour. (i am planning to retake my ccna exam soon)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccbootcamp Tue, 12/25/2007 - 19:48

Depends on your experience, and depends on what you consider sensible. Not to mention, it also depends on the location (geographically speaking) in which you are seeking a job. Getting your CCNA will only help you land a good job. Find a good mentor - I can't stress enough how important that is!

(please rate the post if this helps!)

ccbootcamp Wed, 12/26/2007 - 08:28

Get an internship; work somewhere with a sr. level engineer; join a local cisco users group (if there is one in your area). There are a lot of ways to meet folks these days over the internet as well. Try and find some high level network engineer and, in exchange for some knowledge transfer, do some visio diagrams for him/her, some documention work, etc. Offer your services in return for their assistance. It's a great win-win.

(please rate the post if this helps!)

This Discussion