cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device IP address in DFM

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LMS 2.6 in which the core switches are managed through the Loopback IP address. The devices are displayed with the Loop back IP address in the campus manager and RME.

but DFM is fetching the management IP address and not the loopback IP address.

IS there any way to configure the IP address of the devices in DFM or is there any other solution?

thanks

sathappan

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While DFM is the only app in the LMS that does not respect the display name, it will use the IP address that DCR provides it, then it tries to do its own resolution. I have never seen DFM use an address that was not found in DCR when managing a device.

However, you can play with the AccessAddressFormat, NameFormat, and DisplayNameFormat in NMSROOT/objects/smarts/conf/discovery/discovery.conf to try and get DFM to behave differently when it comes to addresses. You will need to remove and re-add devices from DFM after making changes here.

Hi joe,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried in the discovery.conf file, but unable to get the desired result.

Still I am getting only the management IP address in DFM alone instead of loopback IP address which are found in CM/RME.

Is there any way to work on this?

with thanks

sathappan

I'm still not clear on what you're seeing. It sounds like what you are seeing is impossible. Please post screenshots of a DCR identity screen for one device, then a screenshot of how that device is appearing in DFM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: