IBM Server -7845 Raid Config

Unanswered Question
Dec 26th, 2007
User Badges:

I am going make some big changes on my IPT , so i am planning to take the two disk out so that in case of backout i can restore my data back.

Can anyone describe the proess step by step , so that I can make sure that I am not missing anything.

Helpful post will be appreciated and will be rated !!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Wed, 12/26/2007 - 18:02
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

On the MCS7845, there are two mirrored sets and they have to break both mirrored sets.

There is no documented procedure that I know of that outlines the process. We support redundancy is through pulling drives.

You pull one drive from each RAID 1 + 0 and then upgrade CCM. If an error

happens during the upgrade process you go back to the pulled drives and

boot-up the same server into them.

Once the server comes up, you push the failed drives or additional drives for drive mirroring.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/install/upgrade/upg413/upgrfrom.htm#wp1063972

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/install/upgrade/upg413/revert.htm#wp1040178

satishy_2 Wed, 12/26/2007 - 18:20
User Badges:

Thnaks gogasca

you mean to say that I need to remove drive 1 and drive 3 and then start the server.

It will ask for some option regarding config change ( defunct hdd etc) what option should I select here..

Let's say the server came up and we made some changes and now we want to use the fallback mode.

1) shutdown thw server

2) pull the drive out from slot 0 and 2

3) push the drive into slot 1 and slot 3.

4) restart the server and server will ask some question , what option should I select here ..

In past I select some wrong option and server didn't boot with the drives and I had to use the BARS backup to restore my data.

This time I am trying to be double sure..

Thanks..

Actions

This Discussion