Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about IPCC express, barge-in and silent monitoring

joergwesely
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a IPCC 4.0 Enhanced with a Callmanager 4.2 on the main site. The Call centre agents and supervisors are located on a different site, connected through a WAN.

When a supervisor barges into a call, the caller hears the music on hold for a short moment. Is this by design or can it be avoided?

From my understanding, silent monitoring requires a local IPCC server that can sniff the RTP-packets using a SPAN-port. In my situation, I need remote monitoring what requires IPCC express premium. Is this correct?

thanks in advance

Jörg

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

Voice monitoring and recording are features of the IP Integrated Contact Distribution (ICD) Cisco Supervisor Desktop client. These features allow a supervisor to silently monitor and record an agent's phone call. Silent monitoring is a term used synonymously with voice monitoring. It refers to the ability of a supervisor to monitor an agent's phone conversations without being heard and without letting the agent know it is happening. Recording allows the supervisor to record, save and play back calls from their Cisco Supervisor Desktop.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801a62a8.shtml