Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11n (CISCO?) client adapter

laurentElens
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

after the release of the 1250AP, I was wondering if the 802.11n compatible client adapters were planed or close to release, and if anyone had an information about that.

I was also wondering if this AP had any particular CISCO features (like there was in some previous versions) that could require such an adapter to work properly?

Regards,

Laurent

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm sure Cisco is not going to come out witha 802.11n client adapter. Intel has already released some cards along with others.... draft 2.0.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the information:)

chris-marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco's 1250 series APs have been selected as the test hardware for all 802.11n Draft 2.0 client adapters. That means that for any Draft 2.0 compliant hardware to be certified, it must inter-operate with the 1250 series AP. There are some additional features that Cisco makes availible to client adapters (CCX, for example), but any Draft 2.0 certified client adapter should work with the 1250 without any problem, regardless of CCX version support.

Below is from the Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Point Q&A:

Q. What is the status of the Draft 802.11n version 2.0 standard?

A. The IEEE 802.11n working group has passed letter ballot, and this is what is known as 802.11 Draft 2.0. Subsequently, the Wi-Fi Alliance commenced compatibility testing in June 2007 to ensure interoperability of products adhering to the 802.11n draft 2.0 standard. The Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Point was selected as the reference platform for the Wi-Fi Alliance test bed. All products receiving Wi-Fi Alliance draft 2.0 certification must be tested with the Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Point.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6973/ps8382/prod_qas0900aecd806b7c82.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: